It’s a paddler’s paradise
If you want to experience the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW), but don’t have time for a full trip, our day trips are a great option. Come see what it’s like to canoe and portage in one of the most pristine wilderness areas in the country. You’re likely to see abundant wildlife including loons, eagles and maybe even moose. Suitable for all skill levels.
Summer 2020 may look a little different, but Stone Harbor is here to help you recreate safely on the North Shore with our experienced guides. We are following the recommended guidelines from the CDC, WHO, and the state of Minnesota for guide policies and enhanced cleaning procedures.
We have always operated with small groups and continue to do so. If you do not wish to participate with others, you can request a private tour, although there is an additional cost for this. Outdoor recreating allows social distancing to be easily achievable most of the time, however we ask that you wear masks during closer interactions of six feet or less. Due to this recommended guideline, our complimentary transportation to and from the tour sites is unavailable until further notice.
Give us a call 218-387-3136 or click below to book your tour and come adventure with us!
BWCAW Canoe Day Trips are $150/person. Join our guide as we spend the day exploring classic lakes of the BWCAW. Our experienced guide will work with your needs to help create the perfect outing. Before we get in our boats, we’ll review proper paddling techniques and all safety procedures. Great for groups and families. All Boundary Water Day trips have a maximum of six people per guide and a maximum of eight people total. Call us at 218-387-3136 to schedule a day of your choosing.
Please note that this trip may include portaging. That means you need to carry all of your equipment, canoe included, to another lake. If that is not suitable for you, please talk to us ahead of time so we can design the trip to meet your needs.
Packing ListThings to Bring
- Paddling footwear (lightweight, quick-drying water shoes; sandals with a backstrap are ok but no flip-flops, please)
- Hat with wide brim (for sun and rain protection)
- Breathable rain gear top and bottom (no ponchos please, as it is difficult to swim in them in case of an upset)
- Wicking (synthetic, wool or silk) long sleeve and/or short sleeve shirt (Remember: long sleeves can help protect from sun and bugs)
- Long pants
- Warm change of clothing (Think: “If I got soaked and wanted something to put on right away, what would I bring?” The minimum to bring is an insulation/fleece jacket.)
- Swim suit and towel
- Sunglasses and strap
- Insect repellent and/or head net
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- If needed: Medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare(s)
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
- Dry bag for your warm change of clothing
Are you missing something from the equipment list? All participants receive a 10% discount at Stone Harbor on the day before and the day of the trip.
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply requires tours to be paid in full at the time of booking. If a cancellation notice is given greater than 48 hours before the scheduled tour, a full refund is granted, minus the $20 processing fee per person. No refund is given for cancellations within 48 hours of the tour.
If Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply cancels a tour ahead of time due to weather or other unforeseeable events, a full refund is given. Please note that light rain, snow, fog, or cooler temperatures do not cancel a tour. We are prepared with the correct equipment for different weather conditions.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.