The best weekend of the year for paddlers
We look forward to the North Shore Water Festival every year! It’s a weekend of paddling nirvana: Free paddling mini tours in the harbor. Free SUP yoga classes. Free music. Free vendor displays. This year it is the weekend of July 15-17. Come join in the fun.
Paddling Mini Tours
The Paddling Mini Tours are free. Take a mini tour of the Grand Marais Harbor on a paddle board or in a kayak. We bring in our favorite vendors and the latest gear for you to try. We also have plenty of experts to make sure you know the proper paddling techniques and how to stay safe. And yes, it all takes place right on Lake Superior.
Water Festival SUP yoga
Water Festival SUP yoga is free but the class size is limited. Yoga, stand up paddle boarding (SUP) and Gitchigami? Oh, we are so in! It doesn’t matter if you are an experienced yogi or paddle boarder, or if you are new to all of it — our SUP yoga offers a fun way to get your om on. Don’t let the added element of water scare you off — we’ve structured the class so beginners and experts alike can feel at peace. And the savasana at the end is pure bliss. Don’t know what savasana is? We’re not going to spoil it for you — just sign up to experience it for yourself.
Come prepared for fun!
If you are planning to demo the kayaks, canoes, and paddle boards or try paddle board yoga, here’s what you need to know.Inclusions
- Demo kayaks, canoes, & paddle boards
- Paddling footwear (lightweight, quick-drying water shoes; sandals are ok but no flip-flops, please)
- Hat with wide brim (for sun & rain protection)
- Wicking t-shirt (synthetic, wool or silk)
- Warm change of clothing (Think: “If I got soaked and wanted something to put on right away, what would I bring?” The minimum to bring is an insulation/fleece jacket.)
- Sunglasses & strap
- Water bottle or hydration pack
- If needed: medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour or class needs to be cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us 48 hours notice for a full refund.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.