Outdoor friendship and fun
Announcing our Grand Marais Community Ski Nights! It’s a great way to meet old and new friends and get some exercise at the same time.
Community Ski Nights are free to anyone who has their own equipment and only $10 for those needing gear. Meet at Stone Harbor 30 minutes before to get sized for skis, boots, and to fill out waivers. Everyone drives themselves to Pincushion Ski Trails to start skiing by 5:30. We ski until 7:30 and then head back to Stone Harbor.
DUE TO CURRENT STATE RESTRICTIONS, COMMUNITY SKI NIGHTS ARE UNAVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. We can’t wait to get out on the trails with you, once it’s safer to do so! In the meantime, you can still rent or buy skis from us. Check out the cross-country, backcountry, and skijoring rental options here. If you prefer to have your own gear, stop in or give us a call at 218-387-3136. Because of the natural distancing with cross-country and backcountry skiing, these skis are especially popular this year, so give us a call soon.
Things to Bring
- Warm clothing that allows for plenty of movement (We recommend that you dress in layers to accommodate variable weather conditions and different levels of exertion throughout the day.)
- A top and bottom waterproof shell for your outer layer
- Wicking base layer
- Warm winter socks that go up to mid shin
- Warm, waterproof gloves that offer good dexterity
- A warm hat
- A scarf that can cover your mouth and nose
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- If needed: medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
- Cross country skis
- Ski boots (if you already have NNN please bring them, as our sizes are limited)
- Ski poles
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour or class needs to be cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us 48 hours notice for a full refund.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.