Dear Valued Guests,
Stone Harbor remains committed to promoting the safety and well-being of everyone we can affect, today and for the long term as we try to stay open. In the interest of slowing the spread of COVID-19, given its higher contagious nature and the limitations of our hospitals, we are implementing these precautions.
- All our tours are cancelled until further notice.
- All rental gear will be disinfected before going out and upon return. Soft goods like clothing and sleeping bags will continue to be washed upon each return as we have always done.
- Hours change – 10-6 daily. Our desire is to still be able to serve you and provide jobs in our community, but as travel is unadvised, we don’t see the need to remain open later.
- It looks like the virus is most contagious when you are experiencing symptoms, so we have a zero tolerance policy for working while ill, and ask that no guests visit us while experiencing symptoms themselves.
- We have multiple sinks available with hand soap and we have temporarily replaced our regular towels with disposable paper towels.
- We ask that all our guests be mindful in the store about what you handle and give people six feet of space as we are doing our best to keep everything clean. We will limit the total number of people in the store at any given time in order to maintain these standards.
- Our clearance section is now on eBay. Any items we are allowed to discount are available online at great savings. See the link below.
- We prefer to accept payment via credit card rather than cash.
We are still preparing to continue with our summer plans and operations will resume as normal once it is deemed safe to do so. These days things are changing rapidly and we will do our best to keep our customers informed. You guys are a little like family to us and we miss being able to interact on a more regular basis.
During our new hours of operations, we will be answering the phone and happy to help with anything, whether questions about local trails, plans for the summer, or even to facilitate a purchase over the phone. Our supply of Camp Chow is full and we’re happy to ship to you. We’ve also got some great books we’ve discontinued in the store. (Note: Please call us to place Camp Chow orders as we do not sell Camp Chow on our eBay site.)
We are all changing our lives and daily habits, exercising good hygiene, and generally staying away from people. We joke that we’re made for the latter up here in Cook County, but the reality is that these are challenging times. I’m confident we will get through and maybe a little bit of rest will be good for us all.
Owner, Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply
General Manager, Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply