Take the path less traveled
There is no better way to enjoy the pristine solitude of Northern Minnesota’s forests than on a pair of snowshoes. Let an experienced guide take you off the beaten path on an interpretive hike through the powdery woods of Cook County. Walk through snow covered trees, follow fox tracks, explore frozen beaver ponds, all under the safe and knowledgeable eye of an experienced guide. Bring the whole family and learn local natural history. Take the path less traveled and have a genuine North Shore experience.
Half Day Snowshoeing Tour
Half Day Snowshoeing Tours are $49/person for adults and $36/person for children 12 and under. These tours are designed for all ages and abilities. Meet at Stone Harbor at 9:00 am to get sized for equipment. From there, your guide takes you to the woods, where you can discover the beauty of the North Shore’s boreal forests. Your guide brings snacks and hot beverages and returns you to Stone Harbor by 12:00 pm.
What We Provide
- Trekking poles
- Snack & warm beverages
- Transportation to and from hiking location
Recommended Packing List
- Warm clothing that allows for plenty of movement
- Recommend that you dress in layers to accommodate variable weather conditions and different levels of exertion throughout the day
- A waterproof shell (top and bottom) for your outer layer
- Wicking base layer
- Warm wool socks
- Winter hat
- Warm, waterproof gloves that offer good dexterity
- Neck gaiter or scarf that can cover your mouth and nose
- Waterproof winter snow boots
- Sunglasses and strap
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- If needed: medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare(s)
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
Are you missing something from the equipment list? All participants receive a 10% discount at Stone Harbor on the day before and the day of the trip. Or if you prefer, we rent high quality Wintergreen clothing to keep you toasty warm.
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour or class needs to be cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us 48 hours notice for a full refund.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.