There is something almost mystical about ice fishing
The frozen lakes may seem quiet in winter, but underneath that ice, the water is teeming with the best fish in the Northland: lake trout, rainbow trout, walleye, northern pike and panfish.
Your ice fishing tour starts at 9:00 am at Stone Harbor to get geared up. Then your guide takes you to one of the Gunflint Trail’s inland lakes where you trek across the ice until you find the best fishing hole. (We can’t give away all of our secrets, but you can bet that your guide has been spending plenty of time looking for where the fish are biting.)
There’s no need to worry about the cold Minnesota wind because your guide brings along a portable ice house, heater, lunch and warm beverages. That means you’ll have plenty of time to relax and enjoy a day out on the ice.
Whether you are an experienced angler or brand new to this winter tradition, call us at 218-387-3136 to schedule a day of ice fishing.
Full Day Ice Fishing Trip
What We Provide
- Rods, lures and all fishing equipment
- Snowshoes and trekking poles, if needed
- Ice auger
- Portable ice house and heater
- Lunch & warm beverages
- Transportation from our store to the fishing site
- Warm clothing that allows for plenty of movement, we recommend that you dress in layers
- Wind proof jacket and pants, such as a light winter coat and snow pants
- Warm wool socks
- Mittens that are not too tight
- Winter hat
- Neck gaiter or scarf that can cover your mouth and nose
- Sunglasses and strap
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- If needed: medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare(s)
- Optional: camera in a protective case
Are you missing something from the equipment list? All participants receive a 10% discount at Stone Harbor on the day before and the day of the trip. Or if you prefer, we rent high quality Wintergreen clothing to keep you toasty warm.
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour or class needs to be cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us 48 hours notice for a full refund.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.