Have you tried stand up paddle boarding yet?
It may look a bit different but don’t let that fool you: stand up paddle boarding is right at home along the North Shore of Minnesota. Whether you want a serious core workout or a gentle paddle, stand up paddle boarding (also known as SUP), offers a fantastic opportunity to get out on the water.
We chose our stand up paddle boards with stability in mind, which makes them great for learning. Book a tour today and find out for yourself why this sport is growing in popularity here on the Norwegian Riviera.
Stand Up Paddle Board Tours
Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga
We are offering free Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga sessions during the North Shore Water Festival. This is your chance to try SUP Yoga in the Grand Marais Harbor. The gentle waves of the harbor provide an invigorating core workout but the best part is floating back on your board in savasana. Don’t know what that means? Come to the class and find out.
Packing ListWhat We Provide
- Paddle board & accessories
- Wetsuit (not available for free SUP Yoga sessions)
- Dry bag for your warm change of clothing
Recommended Packing List
- Paddling footwear (lightweight, quick-drying water shoes; sandals are ok but no flip-flops, please)
- Hat with wide brim (for sun & rain protection)
- Wicking t-shirt (synthetic, wool or silk)
- Warm change of clothing (Think: “If I got soaked and wanted something to put on right away, what would I bring?” The minimum to bring is an insulation/fleece jacket.)
- Clothing to wear under your wetsuit (typically a swimsuit, compression shorts, or other quick-dry, close-fitting clothing that won’t bunch up; remember it will get wet)
- Sunglasses & strap
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- If needed: medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
Are you missing something from the packing list? All participants receive a 10% discount at Stone Harbor on the day before and the day of the trip.
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour or class needs to be cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us 48 hours notice for a full refund.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.
Want to know more about paddle boarding? Here’s a great resource.