See Lake Superior from across the border
You might not even recognize Gichigami from this vantage point! Our portion of Lake Superior in Grand Marais is exposed and the big lake is a force to be respected. However, just across the border in Ontario, there are protected bays and off-shore islands to explore. This kayak trip uses Little Trout Bay as a launching point for a day of paddling with a great spot to pull off the water for a lunch break.
This is a new tour for 2018
And everyone is loving it! We have been wanting to do this trip for a while now, but there are more logistics involved on an international trip (even an international trip that’s just an hour away). We take care of all of those logistics, so you don’t have to worry about them. And once you see Little Trout Bay, you’ll understand why we have already fallen in love with this trip. Give us a call at 218-387-3136 to book your Canadian kayaking tour.
This tour requires a passport and a clean record to enter Canada.
Packing ListWhat We Provide
- Kayak and kayak accessories
- PFD (or bring your own)
- Wetsuit (or bring your own)
- Wetsuit shoes (or bring your own)
- Splash jacket (or bring your own)
- Dry bag for your warm change of clothing (or bring your own)
- Transportation from our store to Little Trout Bay
Recommended Packing List
- Current passport
- Paddling footwear (lightweight, quick-drying water shoes; sandals are ok but no flip-flops, please)
- Wide-brimmed hat (for sun & rain protection)
- Wicking t-shirt (synthetic, wool or silk)
- Warm change of clothes (think: if I got soaked and wanted something to put on right away, what would I bring? Recommended is an insulation/fleece jacket)
- Clothing to wear under your wetsuit (typically a swimsuit, compression shorts, or other quick-dry, close-fitting clothing that won’t bunch up; remember it could get wet)
- Bug dope
- Polarized sunglasses & strap
- Paddling gloves (recommended to prevent blisters and sunburn)
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
- If needed: medications
- If needed: eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare
Are you missing something from the equipment list? All participants receive a 10% discount at Stone Harbor on the day before the trip.
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.