See Lake Superior from across the border
You might not even recognize Gichigami from this vantage point! Our portion of Lake Superior in Grand Marais is exposed and the big lake is a force to be respected. However, just across the border in Ontario, there are protected bays and off-shore islands to explore. This kayak trip uses Little Trout Bay as a launching point for a day of paddling with a great spot to pull off the water for a lunch break.
The Canadian Kayak Day Trip is $200/person. And everyone is loving it! There are more logistics involved on an international trip (even an international trip that’s just an hour away) but we take care of all of those logistics, so you don’t have to worry. And once you see Little Trout Bay, you’ll understand why everyone falls in love with this trip. Give us a call at 218-387-3136 to book your Canadian kayaking tour.
This tour requires a passport and a clean record to enter Canada.
Packing ListThings to bring
- Paddling footwear (lightweight, quick-drying water shoes; sandals are ok, but no flip-flops, please)
- Wide-brimmed hat (for sun and rain protection)
- Wicking t-shirt (synthetic, wool or silk)
- Warm change of clothes (think: if I got soaked and wanted something to put on right away, what would I bring? Recommended is an insulation/fleece jacket)
- Clothing to wear under your wetsuit (typically a swimsuit, compression shorts, or other quick-dry, close-fitting clothing that won’t bunch up; remember it could get wet)
- Sunglasses and strap
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- If needed: medications, eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare(s)
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
- Kayak and kayak accessories
- Wetsuit shoes
- Splash jacket
- Dry bag for your warm change of clothing
- Transportation from our store to Little Trout Bay
Are you missing something from the equipment list? All participants receive a 10% discount at Stone Harbor on the day before the trip.
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply requires tours to be paid in full at the time of booking. If a cancellation notice is given greater than 48 hours before the scheduled tour, a full refund is granted, minus the $20 processing fee per person. No refund is given for cancellations within 48 hours of the tour.
If Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply cancels a tour ahead of time due to weather or other unforeseeable events, a full refund is given. Please note that light rain, snow, fog, or cooler temperatures do not cancel a tour. We are prepared with the correct equipment for different weather conditions.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.