It’s a paddler’s paradise
If you want to experience the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, but don’t have time for a full trip, our day trips are a great option. Come see what it’s like to canoe and portage in one of the most pristine wilderness areas in the country. We’re likely to see abundant wildlife including loons, eagles and maybe even moose. Suitable for all skill levels.
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour or class needs to be cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us 48 hours notice for a full refund.
- Guided Boundary Waters Day Trip. Join our guide as we spend the day exploring classic lakes of the BWCA. Our experienced guide will work with your needs to help create the perfect outing. Before we get in our boats, we’ll review proper paddling techniques and all safety procedures. Great for groups and families. ($125/person) All Boundary Water Daytrip tours have a maximum of 8 per group.
Call us at 218-387-3136 to schedule a day of your choosing.
Packing ListWhat We Provide:
- Transportation to the BWCA from our store
- Dry bag for your warm change of clothing
- Paddling footwear (lightweight, quick-drying water shoes; sandals are ok but no flip-flops, please)
- Hat with wide brim (for sun & rain protection)
- Breathable rain gear top & bottom (no ponchos please, as it is difficult to swim in them in case of an upset)
- Wicking (synthetic, wool or silk) long sleeve and/or short sleeve shirt (Remember: long sleeves can help protect from sun and bugs)
- Long pants
- Warm change of clothing (Think: “If I got soaked and wanted something to put on right away, what would I bring?” The minimum to bring is an insulation/fleece jacket.)
- Swim suit and towel
- Sunglasses & strap
- Insect repellent and/or head net
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- Cup for hot/cold beverages (unbreakable, travel-style mug)
- If needed: Medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
Are you missing something from the equipment list? All participants receive a 10% discount at Stone Harbor on the day before and the day of the trip.