Ahhhh, this could be your summer office.
Trade in the cubicles for the lakes. Say goodbye to a computer screen and hello to a paddle. Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply is looking for kayak guides!
Primary responsibilities are preparing, guiding and following-up scheduled and custom kayak tours extending from a half-day to 10 days (the majority of your trips will be daily, three hour tours). Also responsible for vehicle and/or boat shuttles, cleanup, assisting our rental and retail operations, and other duties as assigned.
Stone Harbor is open daily, year round; schedules include evenings and weekends.
- Current Wilderness First Aid Certification (WMI, WMA, SOLO, Red Cross, etc.) – or willingness to acquire
- Demonstration and assessment of Coastal Kayak Level II (or willingness to acquire certification)
- Commercial guiding experience a plus
- Exceptional people skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid MN driver’s license and good driving record
- Strong safety and customer service ethic
- Environmental & ecological knowledge of Lake Superior a plus
- Outdoor leadership skills background
Memorial Day – Labor Day
Based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
If you have a passion for customer service and outdoor activities please stop in the store to pick up an application, e-mail us your resume email@example.com