Do what you love and get paid for it
Stone Harbor is looking for a Full Time Tours & Rental Coordinator who is passionate about the outdoors and customer service.
We’re a bit picky though. If your idea of the outdoors is a walk along a paved path and an overnight at the Holiday Inn, this isn’t the job for you. If picking the right gear starts out with “ooooh, this is a pretty color,” you don’t have what it takes for this job. And if you define excitement as the latest thriller at the movie theatre, you shouldn’t bother with the application.
On the other hand, if you’ve made it this far, here are the details:
This position will be responsible for coordinating and directing the Guided Tour program, which includes kayaking, fishing, canoeing, climbing, and others as they are created; along with coordinating and directing the Rental Program which includes inventory, maintenance and storage of gear. Other duties include; compilation of client documentation and maintenance of necessary licenses, permits, etc. for both programs; along with sales floor coverage and specific tasks as assigned by general manager or owner.
Requirements include great communication skills, strong customer service ethic, knowledge of the outdoors; candidates must be trustworthy, reliable and enjoy working with people. Stone Harbor is open daily, year round; schedules include evenings and weekends. Pay and benefits vary by position.
1. Prior experience in a tours & rental program
2. Demonstrated organizational skills, experience in multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
3. Demonstrated communication skills and exceptional people skills
4. Educational experience beyond high school level
5. Valid driver’s license
6. Accepts responsibility; dependably works at a high level of proficiency and productivity; accomplishes day-to-day activities with minimal direct supervision; follows through.
7. Adapts quickly and effectively to atypical situations or job demands.
8. Performs other duties and activities as requested, willingly, competently and without jeopardizing the accomplishment of regular job requirements.
1. Moves and rearranges merchandise, supplies and equipment of varying size and weight.
2. Occasionally travels by van or private car and may be called upon to transport merchandise and/or off site.
3. Work schedule includes weekends, evenings and holidays
4. Occasional overnight travel for representation of SHWS at various promotional trade shows
How to Apply
If you have a passion for customer service and outdoor activities please stop by to pick up an application, call the store, or email us.
Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply
PO Box 818
Grand Marais, MN.
We’re also looking for summer kayak guides. Get all of the deets here.