The more you get out, the better it gets.
They call it a silent sport for a reason. There is something about cross-country skiing that surrounds you with the peacefulness and solitude of nature. Here in Cook County, we take advantage of the largest network of cross-country trails in North America. Whether you want to stay close to Grand Marais, head up the Gunflint Trail, ski Pincushion Mountain or escape to the Boundary Waters, we have a trail for you.
Half Day Cross-Country Skiing
Cross Country Ski Tours are $65/person for adults and $55/person for children 12 and under. Meet your guide at Stone Harbor 15-30 minutes prior to your tour, to be fitted for skis and to fill out waivers. From there your guide takes you to the decided ski destination, where you ski at your own pace and explore the North Shore’s wonders with your guide.
What We Provide
- Cross country skis, poles, and boots
- A snack
- Transportation to and from the trail
Recommended Packing List
- Warm clothing that allows for plenty of movement (We recommend that you dress in layers to accommodate variable weather conditions and different levels of exertion throughout the day.)
- A top and bottom waterproof shell for your outer layer
- Wicking base layer
- Warm winter socks that go up to mid shin
- Warm, waterproof gloves that offer good dexterity
- A warm hat
- A scarf that can cover your mouth and nose
- Sunglasses & strap
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- If needed: medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
Are you missing something from the equipment list? All participants receive a 10% discount at Stone Harbor on the day before and the day of the trip.
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour or class needs to be canceled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us 48 hours notice for a full refund.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.