Discover the bliss of nighttime cross-country skiing
There is something magical about cross-country skiing at night. The stars and the moon are your companions. The forest is reverently quiet. And your skis glide along the snowy path as if drawn by a magnetic force.
As you laugh with your skiing buddies and delight in the vigor of skiing, it dawns on you: this is what hygge is all about. Hygge, the sense of cosiness, contentment and connection that comes from appreciating life’s simple pleasures, is right at home on the cross-country ski trails of the North Shore. Let us show you how to connect with our community on this special night.
Hygge Night Ski
The Hygge Night Ski is free but space is limited. Our 2019 Hygge Night Ski is scheduled for Friday, February 8th. We meet at Stone Harborat 5:00 to get sized for skis, boots, and to fill out waivers. Then we caravan to Pincushion Ski Trails to start skiing by 5:30.The Great Minnesota Ski Pass is required for Pincushion Ski Trails. You can buy The Great Minnesota Ski Pass locally from a Cook County ELS Agent. Or go online for more purchasing options.
What We Provide
- Cross country skis
- Ski boots (if you already have NNN please bring them, as our sizes are limited)
- Ski poles
Things to Bring
- Warm clothing that allows for plenty of movement (We recommend that you dress in layers to accommodate variable weather conditions and different levels of exertion throughout the day.)
- A top and bottom waterproof shell for your outer layer
- Wicking base layer
- Warm winter socks that go up to mid shin
- Warm, waterproof gloves that offer good dexterity
- A warm hat
- A scarf that can cover your mouth and nose
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- If needed: medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
Are you missing something from the equipment list? All registered participants receive a 10% discount at Stone Harbor on the day of the event.
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour or class needs to be cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us 48 hours notice for a full refund.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.