Outdoor friendship and fun
Announcing our Grand Marais Community Ski Nights! It’s a great way to meet old and new friends and get some exercise at the same time.
Community Ski Nights are free to anyone who has their own equipment and only $10 for those needing gear. Meet at Stone Harbor 30 minutes before to get sized for skis, boots, and to fill out waivers. Then we caravan to Pincushion Ski Trails to start skiing by 5:30. We ski until 7:30 and then head back to Stone Harbor.
Our 2020 Community Ski Nights are:
- January 3rd
- January 13th
- January 23rd
- February 24th
- Warm clothing that allows for plenty of movement (We recommend that you dress in layers to accommodate variable weather conditions and different levels of exertion throughout the day.)
- A top and bottom waterproof shell for your outer layer
- Wicking base layer
- Warm winter socks that go up to mid shin
- Warm, waterproof gloves that offer good dexterity
- A warm hat
- A scarf that can cover your mouth and nose
- Water bottle or hydration pack (we have filtered water here at the store, if you need to fill it)
- If needed: medications; eye glasses and/or contact lenses and spare
- Optional: camera in a waterproof, protective case
- Cross country skis
- Ski boots (if you already have NNN please bring them, as our sizes are limited)
- Ski poles
All Stone Harbor tours and instruction require active, physical participation on the part of the guest. You must sign the Stone Harbor Guided Tours and Instructional Activities Waiver and Release of Liability form and the Stone Harbor Confidential Medical History form prior to participating in any Stone Harbor tour or instruction. Please call us at 218-387-3136 if you have any questions about the physical requirements or the risks associated with the activities.
All tours and instruction are weather dependent. If a tour or class needs to be cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel a reservation, please give us 48 hours notice for a full refund.
We are committed to your safety. Our safety policy can be found here.